Being safe online
Click on the links below to find out more about being safe on line.
Internet Safety - Get the facts.
Get Safe Online - is a beginner’s guide for getting started with safe and secure Internet.
For 'easy read' versions about Staying safe online, being safe using social media and cyber bullying, click here.
Reporting an incident
All staff and learners have a responsibility to report eSafety or eSecurity incidents so that they may be dealt with effectively and in a timely manner in order to minimise any impact on our service.
Incidents may be:
- accessing inappropriate materials
- circumventing the network security system
- installing unapproved software
- using other people's email addresses or passwords
- breaching copyright
- uploading course materials onto a social network or chat room without permission
- leaving ACL Essex laptops or iPads unattended
- not logging off when leaving a device
Keep Healthy whilst using your computer.
Change your Computer Settings to make your computer just right for you.
Be Safer - for adults with learning disabilities
Online Safety - an easy read document for adults with learning disabilities
ICO - how to protect your personal information
ACL Essex IT (Computer Use) Policy
Please download a copy of ACL Essex's eSafety Policy. This document covers information about using our computers, accessing the internet and social media.
How to report abuse:
Internet Watch Foundation– was established to act as a hot-line for UK Internet users and IT professionals to report criminal and abusive online communication.