Being safe online
Click on the link below to find out more about being safe on line.
Internet Safety - Get the facts.
Get Safe Online - is a beginner’s guide for getting started with safe and secure Internet.
Reporting an incident
All staff and learners have a responsibility to report eSafety or eSecurity incidents so that they may be dealt with effectively and in a timely manner in order to minimise any impact on our service.
Incidents may be:
- accessing inappropriate materials
- circumventing the network security system
- installing unapproved software
- using other people's email addresses or passwords
- breaching copyright
- uploading course materials onto a social network or chat room without permission
- leaving ACL Essex laptops or iPads unattended
- not logging off when leaving a device
Keep Healthy whilst using your computer.
Change your Computer Settings to make your computer just right for you.
Be Safer - for adults with learning disabilities
Online Safety - an easy read document for adults with learning disabilities
ICO - how to protect your personal information
ACL Essex IT (Computer Use) Policy
Please download a copy of ACL Essex's eSafety Policy. This document covers information about using our computers, accessing the internet and social media.
How to report abuse:
Internet Watch Foundation– was established to act as a hot-line for UK Internet users and IT professionals to report criminal and abusive online communication.